Professional Qualifications, Publications and Research
- Registered Sport & Exercise Psychologist (HCPC)
- Chartered Psychologist : Sport & Exercise Psychology, BPS (CPsychol)
- Chartered Scientist, British Psychological Society (CSci)
- Associate Fellow of British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS) - HCPC
Note: The Health Care Profession Council (HCPC) monitors the protected title of Sport & Exercise Psychologist
Areas of Research
- PhD : The relationship between personality, sensation seeking and reaction time in participation in sport
- The relationship between personality,sensation and sporting performance in extreme sport
- Classifying and Defining extreme sport
- Personality in Extreme Sport
- Profiling of participants involved in the extreme sport
- High Risk and Sensation Seeking in extreme Sport
- A. Elliott - Perception of Fitness ( April 2016)
- A. Cumine - Identifying dyslexia from a young age through movement (2017)
- F. Fazelli - Perception and Obesity (2017)
- A. Goldman - enahncing sport performance (2019)
Dementia CLub UK
- Research funded study with Professor Trish Hafford-Leitchfiled (2016)
- C.C - Fear of Failure in Extreme Sport (2016)
- Cohen,Rhonda (2016). Sport Psychology: The Basics - Optimising Human Performance. Bloomsbury Press.
- Cohen,R. (2014)"Enhancing Perfromance and "Psychology and Injury" as in Key Clinical Topics in Sports and Exercise Medicine eds. Narvani, Thomas and Lynn. JP Medical Publishers . This book offers an indispensable revision guide for Sports and Exercise Medicine trainees. Designed to provide rapid access to over 100 core topics.
- "Applying sport psychology to business" by Dr.Rhonda Cohen. The Think Outside the Box editorial page in FitPro Business April/May/June2013 edition. www.fitpro.com
- Cohen, R. (2012) Abstract - Winter Conference in Hungary - International Network of Sport and Health Science
- Cohen, R., Nordin,S. and Abrahamson, E. (2009). Psychology of Injury chapter. In Sports Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention - Wiley and Son, publishers. Click here
- Cohen,R.(2009) Guest Editor,Journal of Health,Social and Environmental Issues,vol.10,no 1.
Cohen,R.(2009) Foreword for Journal of Health Social and Environmental,vol.10,no1. pp 3-4
- Lazarus,J. and Cohen, R. (2009) Sport Psychology and the use of Neuro Linguistic (Journal of Health, Social and Environmental Issues, vol.10, no 1. pp. 5-12
- Cohen, R. (2006). ‘The Sense of Loss : A Psychological Reaction to Injury’. Fitness Network : An Official Publication of Fitness Professionals , pages 8-9
Cohen, R.(1995). Exercise Addiction Video. Division Sport Exercise Psychology. Published by BPS. Warwick University.
- Cohen, R. (1995) “Hooked on Addiction” as in Exercise Addiction . Annett, Crisps and Steinberg (editors). Sport and Exercise Psychology section of BPS. Leicester. BPS Conference, Warwick University. Click here
Podcast : Sport Psychology 2006. ITunes Imagery: controllability; vividness; Script Writing.
PGCHE : “The use of reflections and learning journals in the teaching of Sport Psychology” January 2006
MSc dissertation ( 1995) “ Does Addiction to Exercise or Sport create or reduce problems The relationship between spheres of control and satisfaction
- Cohen, R. (2012) Key Note Speaker on 'Psychology and Extreme Sport' at Winter Conference of International Network of Sport and Health Science
Cohen, R and Lazarus, J. (2008) The Use of NLP in teaching Sports students’. Sports conference at Middlesex University on ‘Learning by Doing'. ( presentation and abstract)
Cohen, R. (1995) Exercise Addiction Video. Division Sport Exercise Psychology BPS. Presented Warwick University.
Open Spaces Conference , Olympic Research bid – with Education department and Canterbury (2009)